Friday, September 16, 2011

Learn to share... And fast!

Baby Tank,

So I am here in the hospital next to your mama. She is definitely in some pain, but she is the toughest woman I know. I hope you know how much I love your Mom, and I want you to know how strong she is. I am confident that we will see your beautiful face before this day is over!

Your Mom's water broke at about 1:15am on 9/16/2011. I know this because she abruptly awoke me telling me just that. She also persisted on knowing what time it was, as if that had any bearing on your flight to the light. The funny thing is, neither of us panicked. Your Mother freshened up (yes at 2:00 am), and I took a shower and packed my bag. It is now 4:45 am and we have been at the hospital since about 2:30 am. Obviously, I am really excited.

I have always thought about what your deliverance day would be like... Would it be nerve racking and slow or would it be a quick delivery? I guess that question is still yet to be answered.

I do know this, we both better be able to share our birthdays! I was born on this day a long 29 years ago. I hope I can give you a great life like your Grandma and Grandpa gave me, but more importantly I hope I can help you be a better person than I was.

I hope we are both ready for this! I am sure ready to see your face!

Love you and good travels!!!!

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment