Thursday, September 8, 2011

Definitely Ready... I think... Maybe

So it's been awhile since I've written you.  Definitely not because I haven't thought of you.  A lot has changed in the last couple of months.  For one, your Mother prays everyday for you to pop your little head into this world.  She gets really upset when I tell her that you are comfortable and you need to grow a little more!  She thinks I only say that becuase I don't want to meet you which is definitely not true.  I told your Mom that you are at least 30% effaced, which I though meant your face was starting to poke out, so we should at least be able to see the color of your eyes... she immediately explained the real meaning and I was dead wrong!  It is a difficult thing to know that you are alive and flipping around in your Mom's belly and not know who you are yet!  I can't believe that in just a couple of short weeks we are going to see your face! 

I have done a few things that I hope you like.  I painted your room (I hate painting, which I am sure you'll know by the time you read this) and I even painted stripes!!  I hope you like green or yellow!  If not, we could just move because I'm not re-painting it!  We also have all of your swingy type things setup and ready for your little rump.  I was soooo jealous that I bought a huge rocking chair for your room for your Mom and I.  I had to do something because all I could think about was trying to find a super large, human sized, bouncy seat... couldn't find any by the way!  We have your car seat ready to go in Mama's car (I've kept your presence out of mine, but only due to my GOLF clubs... I know you understand), your stroller is ready to cruise and you have the nicest, most luxurious pack and play a child could ask for... seriously it has more attachments than a first girlfriend.  I have also added a few electronic items to your room so you can have a little bass in your life... The Franklins always feel the beat!

Lastly,  I know that I love you more than I could ever explain.  I hope you know that as you read this, and I hope you know how proud I am to be your Dad.  By the time you read this your old Dad might not be the cool guy anymore, and I understand, but I'll never stop loving you and giving you the best... and that I promise.

Love,

Daddy-O

No comments:

Post a Comment