Monday, June 6, 2011

You'll be a bachelor/ bachelorette someday!

So I'm hanging out with your Mom tonight and Monday nights are the worst!  She always makes me watch The Bachelorette, which I really don't enjoy, but tonight made me think of you! 

Since we can't keep the DVR (trust me DVR is cool, it's not some really OLD technology) long enough for you to understand what was going on I'll let you know what happened.  This guy lied to this girl and thought it was funny... how about that for short and sweet!

I learned this a lot later than I should have, but I hope to teach you that there is only one rule in life; "Do the right thing and do it ALL the time!"  I must tell you that I have not always lived up to this and I think about the mistakes that I have made in my life everyday.  I will never be able to take some of the bad things I have done back, but I can attempt to help make you a far better person that I ever was.  If you ever go out of your way to make someone else feel bad, you will never see me more disappointed in you.  I know and hope that this will never happen, but thoughts not said are thoughs wasted...

This ridiculous show made me think of you as a young man, attempting to meet and date young women.  All I can say is DANCE like a madman and love unconditionally; you'll get your heart broken, but never take it out on any women in your life.

I then thought about you as a girl.  I thought of a time when you would be dating (long pause).  I know that there will be someone that is going to treat you right and love you the way that I love your Mom.  I hope your Dziadziu sees in me what I will see in your husband... in 60 years of course!  And I swear I am doing pushups everyday because if any guy thinks he can mess with you, I promise, I will hurt somebody!!!

Always keep an open mind and an open heart.  Don't let anyone treat you like you are less of a person than they are.  Fight for yourself, for the person you are and the family that loves you...

Love always,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment